Herculis EBS crowned best meeting in the world in 2018!
On 20 July 2018, spectators at the Louis II Stadium had the opportunity to witness a fine evening of athletics, governed by the rhythm set by international DJ Martin Solveig and punctuated by a vast array of excellent performances:
- 14 national records (including the French Record for Ninon Guillon-Romarin of 4m75 in the pole vault)
- 7 top performances of the year (including victory in the 3,000m Steeplechase for Soufiane El Bakkali in 7:58.15)
- 6 meeting records (including a personal best for American Noah Lyles over 200m in 19.65)
- 4 continental records (including the Oceania record set by Joseph Deng over 800m in 1:44.21)
- 2 IAAF Diamond League records (including the 400m race in 48.98 by Shaunae Miller-Uibo)
- 1 world record by the Kenyan Beatrice Chepkoech in the 3,000m Steeplechase in 8:44.32
This edition joins that of 2015 in heading the list of the most successful meetings of all time and in this way, Herculis EBS has treated Moncao’s public to the 2 best meetings since the creation of this ranking system by the IAAF.